Centre of Excellence for Shelf Seas Science
News and events:
- Final meeting of CeSSS Advisory Board took place on November 21-22, 2005.
- WP2 - Seminars and Specialised Workshops: Fifth Workshop on Luminescence and photosynthesis of marine phytoplankton was held on 21-25 November 2005 in Krokowa.
- CESSS - marine biodiversity WP2 organised a workshop on 31st October - 3rd November 2005 in Sopot, IOPAS.
The aim of the meeting was to integrate disperse polar marine biodiversity initiatives, such as recent national projects, International Polar Year projects, EU NoE MARBEF projects, all dealing with similar issues.
- WP8 - Marine DataBase: CeSSS was the host of ICES Working Group Marine Data Management Meeting, 9-11 May 2005
- "Acoustical Methods in Monitoring Physical and Biological Processes in Seas" Workshop will take place in IOPAS on 7-9 October 2004.
- On August 25, 2004, 9.00 a.m., Dr. Markus Meier (Rossby Centre, Sweden) will give a talk titled: "Modeling climate variability and climate change of the Baltic Sea - new results based upon regional model system at the Rossby Centre"
- On June 23, 2004, 10.00 a.m., Prof. Gerassimos Athanassoulis (National Technical University of Athens, Dept. of Naval Architecture and Marine Engineering )
will give a talk titled: "Interaction of waves and shear currents over variable bathymetry"
- Agenda of 2nd CeSSS Advisory Board Meeting held at our Institute on June
18-19 is available
- Agenda of Specialised workshop on marine fauna identification 2.
Theme: "Nematoda from European Marine Biodiversity focal sites in Baltic and Svalbard" (April 19-25) is available
- CeSSS and BALTDER Excellence Centres announce "Biotic and abiotic factors controlling air-sea aerosol and gas exchange fluxes in eutrophied basins" workshop (March 5)
- Dr. JoLynn Carroll of Akvaplan-niva in Tromso will have a talk titled "Energy flow and trophic structure in marine ecosystems - a key to the understanding of contaminant pathways in the Norwegian Arctic" on October 17, 1 p.m.
- Agenda of IO PAS - AWI Seminar on Lidar Investigations in the Arctic, Sopot, October 1, 2003 is available.
- On September 25, 2003, 9:00 a.m., Prof. Zygmunt Kowalik (Institute of Marine Science, University of Alaska, Fairbanks, USA)
will give a talk titled "Generation and propagation of tsunami waves"
- On September 19, 2003, 9:00 a.m., Prof. Anders Stigebrandt (G÷teborg University, Earth Sciences Centre, Sweden)
will give a talk titled "Mixing in the deepwater of the Baltic proper - where and by which processes?"
- On September 18, 2003, 9:00 a.m., Prof. Zygmunt Kowalik (Institute of Marine Science, University of Alaska, Fairbanks, USA)
will give a talk titled "Harnessing tides to generate electricity"
- August 29, 2003 Preliminary Agenda of CeSSS Advisory Board Meeting (September 22nd-23rd)
and Marine Biodiversity Flagship Sites - Hornsund All taxa biodiversity inventory (September 23rd-25th) are available
- July 8, 2003 Announcement of Fourth Workshop "LUMINESCENCE & PHOTOSYNTHESIS
OF MARINE PHYTOPLANKTON" Sopot - Mogilany, 22-26 September 2003
- From July 5, 2003, "Letnie Spotkania z Nauka", outdoor lectures organized for popularization of science.
- On June 4, 2003, 12:00 p.m., Dr. Paul van Walree (TNO, Holland" will give a talk titled "An acoustic communication network to monitor the underwater environment". Dr. van Walree's visit is sponsored by CeSSS.
- April 2, 2003: "Forecasted climate induced changes for Sopot", a one day conference co-organized by
Institute of Oceanology PAS, University of Gda˝sk,
Sopot dla Ârodowiska organization and CeSSS,
- March 28, 2003: Two SCOR announcements relevant for Polish oceanographical community.
- March 20, 2003: CeSSS co-sponsors the website of BIODAFF project.
- February 26, 2003: Announcement and preliminary agenda for the workshop "Baltic Marine Biodiversity Research Sites: Bay of Puck, Mecklenburg Bight,
Kuronian Lagoon, Aland Archipelago and other reference areas", Sopot, April 10-12, 2003.
- February 17, 2003: Second cruise announcement in Open Access to Research Vessel WP7.
- January 29, 2003: First cruise announcement in Open Access to Research Vessel WP7.
- January 20, 2003: PhD programme position announcement.
Person responsible for the CeSSS Webpage:
Dr. Jacek Piskozub
Last updated on February 12, 2004