The Workshop will provide a platform for exchange of information and experience between West and East European participants in the field of underwater acoustics and remote sensing technologies in environmental applications.
The meeting will focus on the theoretical and empirical developments in the areas of: monitoring and recognition of pelagic zooplankton/fish communities, near bottom hydroacoustics including recognition of underwater vegetation, detection and sizing of bubble population in the sea and sediments and ambient sea noise.
The workshop will be hosted and organized by the Institute of Oceanology Polish Academy of Sciences (IO PAS ) and sponsored by the Centre of Excellence CeSSS.
List of participants:
- Dr. Philippe Blondel, Bath University, Great Britain
- Dr. Lyubo Dymitrov, Institute of Oceanology, BAN, Varna, Bulgaria
- Dr. Natalia Gorska, IO PAS
- Dr. Dariush Faghani, Euro-American Institute of Technology Sophia Antipolis Cedex France,
- Dr. Sophie Fielding, Southampton Oceanography Centre, Great Britain
- Prof. dr. Jean-Pierre Hermand, Department of Optics and Acoustics, Université Libre de Bruxelles, Belgium
- Prof. dr. Zygmunt Klusek, IO PAS
- Dr Ivan Lisimenka, Byelarussian University, Minsk,
- Dr. Alexander Matveyev, Nizhnii Novgorod, Institute of Applied Physics, RAN, Russia
- Prof. dr. Andrzej Orłowski , Marine Fishery Institute, Gdynia, Poland
- Dr. Joanna Szczucka, IO PAS
- Dr. Jarosław Tęgowski, IO PAS
- Prof. Yuriy N. Tokarev, Institute of Biology of the Southern Seas (IBSS) of National Academy of Sciences of Ukraine (NASU),
- Beata Schmidt
- Alexander Lisimienka
The Workshop will be formally opened at 9.00 on Thursday, 7 October.
Session 1.Underwater Vegetation
Session 2 Bottom Acoustics
Session 3 Bio- and Fishery AcousticsSession 4 Acoustical Oceanography, Sea Noise