Our group has significant experience in leading and contributing to international and multidisciplinary research projects. Currently we are engaged in leading or contributing to numerous tasks and work packages as part of the following ongoing international projects and programs:
- International Ocean Carbon Coordination Project (IOCCP; www.ioccp.org) of the Scientific Committee on Oceanic Research (SCOR) and the Intergovernmental Oceanographic Commission (IOC) of the United Nations Educational, Scientific and Cultural Organization (UNESCO).
Maciej Telszewski has been the Project Director since 2011. Artur Palacz has been the Project Officer since 2016.
- EU Horizon 2020 AtlantOS Project – Optimising and Enhancing the Integrated Atlantic Ocean Observing System (https://www.atlantos-h2020.eu/).
- Contributing mainly to tasks in WP1: Observing system requirements and design studies.
- Global Ocean Observing System (GOOS; www.goosocean.org) of the Intergovernmental Oceanographic Commission (IOC) of the United Nations Educational, Scientific and Cultural Organization (UNESCO). Maciej Telszewski serves as a member of the GOOS Steering Committee Executive since 2014. We provide communication and coordination services for the GOOS Biogeochemistry Panel.
- ECMWF tender C3S_511 “Quality assessment of ECV products“. Maciej Telszewski and Artur Palacz are sub-contractors on behalf of IO PAN.
- Variability in the Oxycline and its ImpaCts on the Ecosystem (VOICE) project. Maciej Telszewski and Artur Palacz are project coordinators since 2017.
- Global Ocean Acidification Observing Network (GOA-ON; www.goa-on.org)
Maciej Telszewski serves as a member of the Executive Council since 2014.
- Global Satellite Phytoplankton Functional Type Algorithm Intercomparison Project
Artur Palacz has been a member and contributor since 2012.
- JAXA-GCOM-C Project (Japanese Aerospace Exploration Agency – Global Change Observation Change Mission – Climate; global.jaxa.jp/projects/sat/gcom_c/)
Completed projects & community service (international only):
- International Council for the Exploration of the Sea (ICES) Herring Assessment Working Group for the Area South of 62°N (HAWG) – Artur Palacz;
- ICES Working Group on Integrated Assessment of the Baltic Sea (WGIAB) – Artur Palacz;
- ICES Working Group on Integrating Ecological and Economic Models (WGIMM) – Artur Palacz;
- Surface Ocean CO2 Mapping Project (SOCOM; www.bgc-jena.mpg.de/SOCOM/) – Maciej Telszewski;
- EU FP7 CARBOOCEAN (Marine Carbon Sources and Sinks Assessment; www.carboocean.org/) – Maciej Telszewski;
- EU FP7 CARBOCHANGE (Changes in Carbon Uptake and Emissions by Oceans in a Changing Climate; https://carbochange.b.uib.no/) – Maciej Telszewski;
- EU FP7 Integrated Project EPOCA (European Project on OCean Acidification; www.epoca-project.eu/) – Maciej Telszewski;
- EU FP7 EUROBASIN (Basin Scale Analysis, Synthesis and Integration; www.euro-basin.eu/) – Artur Palacz
- EU FP7 VECTORS (Vectors of Change in Oceans and Seas Marine Life, Impact on Economic Sectors; www.marine-vectors.eu/) – Artur Palacz;
- EU FP6 HERMES (Hotspot Ecosystem Research on the Margins of European Seas; www.eu-hermes.net/intro.html) – Artur Palacz;