Institute of Oceanology, Polish Academy of Sciences, Physical Oceanography Department, Air-Sea Interaction Laboratory, PhD student in Earth Sciences from October 2012;
- University of Gdańsk, Faculty of Oceanography and Geography, The Institute of Oceanography, Marine Physics, Master of Science,12.07.2012, diploma number: 153282;
- University of Gdańsk, Faculty of Oceanography and Geography, The Institute of Oceanography, Physical oceanography with geoinformatics, Bachelor's Degree 8.07.2010, diploma number: 136425.
|KNOWLEDGE OF FOREIGN LANGUAGES
English: level B2 (advance) by the council of Europe;
German: level A1 (basic) by the council of Europe.
I am interested in diving, I already get some entitlements: diver KDP/CMAS P1, Enriched AIR Diver. I also love to read books, both about the scientific and travels issues. In my spare time I like to travel, meet new cultures, customs, kitchen’s and religions from around the world.
|SCHOLARSHIPS AND ACHIEVEMENTS
Academic research special scholarship "Polar-KNOW" for PhD students after II year from Institute Oceanology PAS, which preparing a doctoral thesis with polar issue, possibly specialized methodology which could be applying to better explore polar regions of the Earth's environment, for the academic year 2014/2015 and 2015/2016.
- Academic scholarship for the academic years 2013/2014 from director of Institute of Oceanology Polish Academy of Sciences.
- Special award from President of the Sopot Scientific Society for the activity for the Society for promoting the science in 2012/2013.
PRESENTATIONS AT SCIENTIFIC CONFERENCES
More than 20 presentations, more than 15 posters in national and international conferences/workshop’s
(Poland, Italy, Germany, Spain, Austria, Japan, Finland, Netherland).
Member of the Organizing Committee:
- I and II International Sopot Youth Conference entitled “Where the World is Heading?”, Sopot,
Poland, 2016, 2017;
- Studies in the Arctic Workshop. Contribution to the Ny-Alesund Atmosphere Flagship
Programme, 2016, Sopot;
- II and I National Conference of research network Poland-AOD entitled "Role of aerosols in
climate system", Sopot, 2015, Warsaw 2013;
- Workshop on Arctic Aerosols, 23-24.10.2014, Sopot, Poland;
- V, VI, VII National Sopot Forum of Young Scientists entitled "Where the World is Heading?",
Sopot, Poland, 2013, 2014, 2015.
|WORK ON RESEARCH PROJECTS/COLLABORATIONS/NETWORKS
- Funding for the preparation of a doctoral dissertation, funding a research project in the field of
basic research –ETIUDA 4, granted by National Science Center in Poland.
- Participant in international projects: iAREA, CHEMSEA, SatBałtyk.
- Participant in research networks: Poland-AOD, AERONET, MAN.
- Sopot Scientific Society from 2013, as a member of society, page moderator, the organizer of
many activities, lectures, meetings, popular events.
- Many activities associated with popularizing science (especially for children) like Baltic
Festival or Explorers Day.
|INTERNSHIPS IN POLAND AND ABROAD
- Internship in Alfred Wegener Institute within the NCN project ETIUDA 4, 2016/2017.
- Cruises on r/v Oceania, over Baltic Sea, North Atlantic and Arctic Ocean, from 2011.
- Field measurements within the iArea project, Polish Polar Station Hornsund, 2013 and 2015.
- Scientific Communication Workshop, 17-21.11.2014, Institute of Geophysics Polish Academy
of Sciences, Warsaw, Poland.
- Annual course "Meteorology via the Internet" conducted within the Centre for Open and
Multimedia Education UW in 2013/2014 by the Department of Atmospheric Physics, Faculty
of Physics, University of Warsaw.
- E-courses (via Internet) within the COURSERA and Web of Science service in 2014/2016.
- Workshop MiniMAsterClasse Fame Lab, Gdynia, Poland, 15 January 2014.
- Workshops ONT, Gdańsk, Poland, 2013/2014.
- 9th Summer School on Atmospheric Aerosol Physics, Measurement, and Sampling, Hyytiälä,
- E-course ESRI, 1.09.2010-1.09.2011.
- Apprenticeships in Maritime Office in Słupsk, Sienkiewicza 18, 76-200 Słupsk, District of
Coastal Protection in Ustka, Kościuszki 13, 76-270 Ustka, 1.09.-31.09.2009.
|PUBLICATION AND REPORTS
- P. Pakszys (2014). An application of object classification method for determining spatial
distribution of a sea bottom structure and its cover using image of Side Scan Sonar. Springer,
Insights on Environmental Changes, Where the World is Heading, pp 77-94.
- A. Strzałkowski, P. Makuch, O. Zawadzka, P. Pakszys (2014). A modern approach to aerosol
studies over the Baltic Sea. Springer, Insights on Environmental Changes, Where the World is
Heading, pp 49-64.
- P. Pakszys, T. Zieliński, K. Markowicz, T. Petelski, P. Makuch, A. Rozwadowska (2015).
Annual changes of aerosol optical depth and Ångström exponent over Spitsbergen. Springer
Series: GeoPlanet: Earth and Planetary Sciences, Impact of climate changes on marine
environments, ISBN: 978-3-319-14282-1.
- A. Strzałkowski, T. Zieliński, P. Makuch, P. Pakszys, T. Petelski (2015). Impact of breaking
waves on sea salt production and local change of aerosol optical properties. Springer Series:
GeoPlanet: Earth and Planetary Sciences, Impact of climate changes on marine environments,
- T. Zieliński, T. Petelski, A. Strzałkowski, P. Pakszys, P. Makuch (2015). Impact of wild forest
fires in Eastern Europe on aerosol composition and particle optical properties. Oceanologia, 58,
1, January-March 2016, pp 13-24.
- K. Markowicz, M. T. Chiliński, J. Lisok, O. Zawadzka, I. S. Stachlewska, L. Janicka,
A. Rozwadowska, P. Makuch, P. Pakszys, T.Zieliński, T. Petelski, M. Posyniak, A. Pietruczuk,
A. Szkop, D. L. Westphal (2016). Study of aerosol optical properties during long-range transport
of biomass burning from Canada to Central Europe in July 2013. Journal of Aerosol Science,
101, pp 156-173.
- J. Lisok, K.M. Markowicz, C. Ritter, P. Makuch, T. Petelski, , M. Chiliński, J. W. Kaminski,
S. Becagli, R. Traversi, R. Udisti, A. Rozwadowska, M. Jefimow, P. Markuszewski, R. Neuber,
P. Pakszys, I.S. Stachlewska, J. Struzewska, T. Zieliński (2016). 2014 iAREA campaign on
aerosol in Spitsbergen - Part 1: Study of physical and chemical properties. Atmospheric
Environment, 140, pp 150-166.
- C. Ritter, R. Nauber, A. Schulz, K.M. Markowicz, I.S. Stachlewska, J. Lisok, P. Makuch,
P. Pakszys, P. Markuszewski, A. Rozwadowska, T. Petelski, T. Zieliński, S. Becagli,
R. Traversi, R. Udisti, M. Gausa (2016). 2014 iAREA campaign on aerosol in Spitsbergen -
Part 2: Pptical properties from Raman-lidar and in-situ observations at Ny-Ålesund.
Atmospheric Environment, 141, pp 1-19.
- A.Nawrot, K.Migała, B.Luks, P.Pakszys, P.Głowacki (2016). Chemistry of snow cover and
acidic snowfall during a season with high level air pollution at Hansbreen glacier, Spitsbergen.
Polar Science, 10, pp 249-261.
- K.M. Markowicz, P. Pakszys, C. Ritter, T. Zieliński, R. Udisti, D. Cappelletti, M. Mazzola,
M. Shiobara, P. Xian, O. Zawadzka, J. Lisok, T. Petelski, P. Makuch, G. Karasiński (2016).
Impact of North American intense fires on aerosol optical properties measured over the
European Arctic in July 2015. Journal of Geophysical Research-Atmospheres, 121, 24, pp